Monday, July 22, 2013

bountiful harvests and the joy of fresh eggs

My amazing nieces and nephew helped me harvest some vegetables from the garden yesterday. They have been staying with us for a few days, and it is so nice to see them. We came back with a full laundry basket and a half of onions (red, white, and yellow) squash, zucchini, beets, carrots, and tomatoes. They were all quite tasty (the rabbits enjoyed the beet leaves) and Jonathan made me a great repurposed drying rack for the onions and beats (and soon enough, potatoes.) 

Thank you, first garden, you have taught us much already.

(BTW apologies for the crappy cell phone pictures, I lost my camera, temporarily.)






Oh yeah, and this morning I woke up to our first eggs from our beautiful hens. Yay!

Live simply,

Angela and Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment